1) Please attend a meeting at 4:15pm the Wednesday before you beam time begins (and any Wednesday during your beam time if your beam time extends beyond 1 week).
This is held in MCC conference room. MCC (Main Control Center) is in building 5. The conference room is by the accelerator control room.
Please share a 5-10 minute presentation with our accelerator operations staff on how you will use the beam and the kind of beam you need.
The full team is typically welcome (depending on its size).
2) There are meetings held in MCC daily at 8am. Please attend these meetings during your beam time.
The conference room is typically very packed so we ask for only one or two representatives to attend.
The representative should give a brief report on how they used the beam in the previous 24 hours. On Mondays, they should summarise for the full weekend.
The report can be given orally. We have the facilities to show slides. A desktop computer is there and laptops can be connected.
The report should be brief- 1-2 minutes would usually suffice though if there are important results to share, it would be appropriate to take~ 5 minutes. We have found some users in other facilities give over-long reports and we are proud to say that our users tend to be succinct and informative.
Key points for the 8am reports:
* be succinct- the meeting should be 15 minutes in total and there are sometimes many user groups.
* be enthusaistic- this is a good time to get people interested in what you do.
* be thankful for good beam delivery and support.