The following list is the minimum set of training needed by a FACET/ESTB/NLCTA user:
A. The following courses are web based and can be done BEFORE coming to SLAC (at a minimum you will need your SLAC ID#. If you have a SLAC windows account, you can use that).
- Course 219 - Environmental Safety and Health Orientation
- Course 115 - General Employee Radiation Training (GERT)
- Course 116 - Radiological Worker I Training (RWT I) (note this is not needed for ASTA users as of 9/21/2018)
- Course 120 - Work Planning and Control Overview (WPC)
- Course CS101 - Cyber Security Basics - IF you apply for a computing account
B. The following two courses are practicals or classroom courses and will have to be done at SLAC. YOU SHOULD SCHEDULE THEM BEFORE COMING TO SLAC by emailing the FACET User Manager (Christine - email@example.com) and/or your facility POC.
- Course 116PRA - Radiological Worker I Training Practical (the practical can be scheduled by users via the registration tool or you can email the FACET User Manager for help doing this. If there are no suitable RWT1 practicals, the FACET User Manager can arrange a special session with the trainer for a more convenient time). Note that ASTA users do not need this as of 9/21/2018.
- Orientation of the facility in which you learn the dos and don’ts for the area. in which you will work. This is "Course AD103 - FACET Tunnel Hazards" for FACET Users, "Course AD106 - End Station A (ESTB) Orientation", "Course AD107 - ASTA Orientation" or "Course AD108 - NLCTA Orientation" (you only do the orientation for the facility where you work). (Approximately 30 minutes duration).
- Course AD112: Accelerator Control Room Orientation for non-Operators
* Note that the site orientation is required before you do work at the facility.
* Additional training requirements may be identified for Users who plan to perform particular types of hazardous work while they are SLAC e.g. using lasers.
More information on these courses can be found by clicking on the links and looking at Step 4. here.
Note that training needs to be refreshed for certain courses.
To keep your computing accounts, refresh Cyber Security Annual Refresher Course CS200 every year.
Course 219R - Environmental Safety and Health Orientation Refresher needs to be taken two years after Course 219 or Course 396 was originally taken and every two years thereafter.
For other courses, refresher training is identical to the original training. Course 115 - General Employee Radiation Training (GERT) and Course 116 - Radiological Worker I Training (RWT I) need to be taken every two years.
Course 120 - Work Planning and Control Overview (WPC) never needs to be refreshed.
The site orientation will get refreshed approximately every year- please consult with the facility point of contact before you start work if you haven't been at the facility for a year or more.