X-Band Transverse Deflecting Cavity for Longitudinal Profile Measurements
Installed in 2012, this deflecting cavity is upstream of all experiments in sector 20 of FACET.
The deflecting cavity allows single‐shot measurement of longitudinal profile.
• This is vital for PWFA experiments.
• This is also extremely useful (and desired) by other experiments too.
• This allows measurement of sliced (horizontal) emittance.
• It can resolve the separation between the drive & witness bunches for PWFA and DWA.
• Additional experimental use includes radially offsetting witness bunch for radiation studies.
• It can also tilt bunch for hosing instability studies.
Talk on first year TCAV measurements by Mike Litos