Workshop on Research Opportunities in
Photochemistry, Solar Energy & Advanced X-ray Methods
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Menlo Park, CA,
June 16-17, 2016
Please register to participate in the Research Opportunities in Photochemistry, Solar Energy & Advanced X-ray Methods Workshop which will focus on fundamental questions in solar energy conversion and potential opportunities where advanced x-ray methods may have a significant impact. The workshop will be organized with plenary talks in the morning sessions, followed by targeted breakout sessions for discussion and additional talks in the afternoon.
The primary goals of the workshop are to:
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas and foster collaborations between scientists focused on solar energy conversion and researchers with particular expertise in time-resolved x-ray science;
- Identify challenges and opportunities for time-resolved x-ray methods for addressing problems in basic energy science; and
- Propose development paths for the most compelling science areas.
There will be 3 breakout sessions:
(1) Nano- and solid state materials for solar energy conversion;
(2) Molecular materials for solar energy conversion;
(3) Fundamental chemistry and physics of light driven phenomena in
molecular and nanomaterials. molecular and nanomaterials.
Please go to the workshop website to learn more and register.
For more information, please contact Kelly Gaffney or Robert Schoenlein.